This realization only make me more hateful.
While my hate for Kaiser Permanente is very deep and long standing, my hate of DCTA is fresh in my mind today. So I will start by focusing there.
This is a small peak into why I hate DCTA:
------------------------------
From: AB
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 12:43 PM
To: DCTA [CO]
Subject: membership
I would like to revoke my DCTA membership - I know the window is closed
on the 15th so could you please email (preferably) or fax the
appropriate form.
Fax #: 720.***.****
Thank you.
AB
-----------------------------
From: lalegria@nea.org [lalegria@nea.org] On Behalf Of DCTA@NEA.ORG
[DCTA@NEA.ORG]
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 1:01 PM
To: AB
Subject: RE: membership
I'm sorry, but you need to come down in person to revoke membership. We will be here until 5:00 p.m.
I am leaving at 1:00, but you can e-mail Darrell at dpate@nea.org
Laura
------------------------------
From: Ashley
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 1:19 PM
To: Pate, Darrell [CO]
Subject: FW: membership
Please see my original email forwarded below.
As an organization for teachers supposedly, you should understand that
arriving in person before 5:00 is near impossible for a teacher. I was
informed that I need a form, I would be happy to drop that off after
5:00 pm when I leave school, but there is no legal reason that I should
not be able to obtain that form through fax or email.
Thank you,
AB
------------------------------
From: dpate@nea.org [dpate@nea.org]
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 1:29 PM
To: Ashley
Subject: RE: membership
Hi Ashley,
Our offices close at 5:00pm the revocation period is from November 1
-15th that has been our procedures for years per Article 23-3. You would
need to come in to the DCTA office to sign form.
Thanks
Darrell
------------------------------
From: Ashley
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 1:57 PM
To: Pate, Darrell [CO]
Subject: RE: membership
I am more than aware that that is your procedure. Is there a reason the
form cannot be faxed and then dropped off? if there is a legal reason
this cannot take place let me know.
Thanks,
Ashley
------------------------------------
Because it is a three part form that requires your signature....The
forms are only at the DCTA office are you saying that you have the form.
I am only the associate staff person with no authority would you please
call our office at 303-531-0590 and I will let you talk to our
President.
Thanks
Darrell
-----------------------------------
Darrell,
I am asking for a copy of those forms to be faxed or emailed because I
have students in my room everyday until 5:00 and cannot possibly make it
to Colfax by 5:00, obviously. This conversation is making it all too
clear why I am revoking my membership.
Seeing that the window to revoke is only fifteen days and two of those
last days are Saturday and Sunday, I need the form faxed or emailed as
me showing up at the DCTA office is not possible, unless someone would
like to stay there until 6:00 so that I can get there. I am not sure why
faxing or emailing these forms is such a problem - and like I said, if
this is a legal reason that those forms cannot be faxed please let me
know and I can work on that.
Once again, the fax # is: 720.***.****
Thank you,
Ashley
--------------------------------------
Once again Ashley I cannot make that decision....please call our office
and speak to our President.
-------------------------------------
He [the president] was included on the [last] email.
-------------------------------------
Henry has left for the day. You can call our office until 5:oo and talk
to the person over membership desk Dave Szumiloski. 303-831-0590.
Darrell
-----------------------------------

No comments:
Post a Comment